About Myself


I have dreamt of a blog of my own forever but being the expert procrastinator that I am, have always found excuses to put off the writing .  Being an obsessed foodie and an enthusiastic home cook, I was looking forward to becoming a food blogger with maybe housekeeping tips or even travelogues to the town of origin of the recipes but when I forwarded the viral video of a Sanskrit song sung by Gabriella Brunnel, "A Love Letter to Priyam Bharatam (Beloved India)", to many of my friends on Whatsapp, one of them could not understand the lyrics and Google failed to deliver any result where the lyrics were translated.  I promised to translate it for him and on a whim, decided to publish it on my blog  Now that I have finally started writing, I plan on taking my readers on a roller coaster ride of various topics and store away in cyber world the knowledge I have gathered over years before dementia sets in and washes the treasure away into the dark waters of memory loss.


During the course of the roller coaster ride, be prepared to live through stories from folklore of India while relishing different Indian recipes.  I might also give you glimpses of Hindu mythology while celebrating different festivals which are a frequent occurrence in the Hindu calendar. 

About myself, I am a Physics graduate who after two decades of teaching in high school, at a whimsical moment, decided to switch careers and take up medical transcription.  I have been happily married for three decades (not to mention it has been a roller coaster ride in itself) and have a loving family that includes my mother, mother-in-law, husband, son, daughter, two granddaughters, and five most pampered members of my family, my three Labradors and two cats. 

Comments