Romance …. Anyone?



I started this blog on a whim in 2019 with a translation of “Priyam Bharatam”.  Thereafter I wrote just another post and then forgot about the blog.  On republic day, when Priyam Bharatam went viral again, I remembered my blog and thought of visiting it.  When I logged in, I was floored by noticing the number of views on the blog!  I thank you dear readers for all the support you have given me.  Your support has made me determined to keep posting new articles on the blog.  I recently finished reading the book “From the Stars We Stole” and I feel best way to rejuvenate the blog would be by reviewing the book.


Having read Bring Me Through The Night by Sinchita Ganguly in 2017, I remember being so hooked to her story-telling style that I could not wait for her to publish the next book.  She went on to release two more much-awaited books and with each book, she one-upped the previous one in terms of narrative style and intensity of the plot. For me, the greatest highlight of her stories is that the lead characters are not drop dead gorgeous models but ordinary people leading ordinary lives with ordinary dreams and aspirations.


She did make us wait pretty long for this latest book but it was worth every single second of the wait!  She has one upped herself again!  On reaching the end of the book, I was in a daze, unable to tear myself away from Oum and Sia.  I felt a bond so strong with them, I just did not want to believe my journey with them was over. Their journey is endless and I wanted the story to go on, but alas! Every story must end.


As an ordinary reader, I do not consider myself worthy of reviewing such a talented writer, but I loved the way she has depicted the protagonists' tryst with destiny.  Their love and dedication for each other, their determination to continue to live for each other against all odds is absolutely captivating.  I do not have words to describe how beautifully Ms Ganguly has effortlessly integrated issues covering social relevance such as alcoholism, psychological health, counseling, women’s health awareness, so-called ‘family honour’, renunciation, personal passion vs public acclaim.  One must read the book to experience it!  The seamlessness with which she weaves these threads into the story can be experienced in all of her books.  The narrative is so engaging, never once does the reader lose interest or feel that the author has bitten off too much to chew.


An absolutely unputdownable (if there is any such word!) and most absorbing and soul-satisfying read!  I am a person who prides in feeding my family three freshly-cooked hot meals a day and trust me when I tell you that once I picked the book up, I skipped cooking/eating two meals.  Does the captivating quality of the narrative need any more validation?


If you liked my write up, do read the book which can be procured from Amazon’s Kindle Store (or read on Kindle Unlimited) and of course, do not forget to follow my blog and share with your friends!

Comments

  1. Thanks for returning to the blog, we missed you! I read your review of "From the Stars We Stole." If the review is so good, wonder what the book must be like. It has made me curious...will definitely try to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and thank you for being such a loyal follower of the blog! It's fans like you who inspire us bloggers!

      Delete

Post a Comment